In 1880 St. Laurence O’Toole Church of Gothic design was consecrated and opened, it consisted of the present nave only.
Later additions included:
- 1905 Sanctuary and Sacristy
- 1923 Gallery
- 1936 Copper sheeting replaced and shingle roof
- 1958 Confessionals
More recently the whole church was air-conditioned and a new organ was purchased. This was partly funded by a deceased estate and the parishioners helped by purchasing an organ key. In 2017 the Gallery was updated making it more secure and beautiful.
Our Church’s patron is St. Laurence O’Toole. He was born in 1128 at Castledermoth Ireland and his feast day is the 14th November. He was Archbishop of Dublin at the time of the Norman’s invasion of Ireland. He played a prominent role in the Irish Church Reform Movement in the 12th Century and mediated between parties during and after the invasion.
Due to the claimed great number of miracles that rapidly occurred either at his tomb or through his intercession, he was canonised only 45 years after his death. His heart was preserved in a cathedral in Dublin from the 13th Century until 3 March 2012 when it was stolen. It was returned in April 2018.