The Catholic Diocese of Wilcannia-Forbes gives witness to the hope and mission contained in Jesus Christ by;
- Supporting our Priests and Parishes to develop better pastoral services to those in rural, isolated and remote areas
- Preparing and supporting parishes without priests through formation of others in pastoral ministry
- Identifying and forming pastoral Catechists and support workers to support Parishes and their communites into the future
- Developing support for our young people and families
- Recognising the the unique spiritual gifts and challenges of our Aborginal peoples and to learn to walk in dignity with them, as brothers and sisters, on a common pilgrimage of faith
- Creating new and specific communication tools to assist with the outreach to people throughout the diocese.
- Working with our other service providers to provide care and hope for those who find themselves in desperate situations and in particular to make efforts to reduce unacceptable suicide rates
- Assisting our parish communites met their local needs including ageing infrastructure and changing demographics.
- Finding ways to support our local priests and in particular develop better induction and support for those men who come from other places to support us